Wednesday, August 4, 2010

My Recipe Challenge Layout

Hi there! I wanted to share with you my layout created for The (paper) Trail Makers Challenge Blog's recipe challenge.




I used the following items from the recipe challenge:
R=Ribbon
A=Alphabet
I=Ink
S=Stitching


I primarily used Fancy Pants' Rusted Sun Collection in this layout, and I also added the beautiful LYB Clothesline die cut paper, both of which you can find at the Trail Makers Store.

One technique that I used in this layout is fussy cutting. I decided to cut out the beautiful tropical flowers and leaves from Fancy Pants Designs' Laguna Beach paper and use them as embellishments. I hand cut the flowers, inked the edges, shaped the petals and leaves to make them rounded instead of flat, and then adheared them to the layout with pop dots to give them dimension.


Don't forget that there is still time for you to enter your layout for this challenge! Details are at http://trailmakers.blogspot.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment