Thursday, September 15, 2011

More Crafting

I wanted to show you how I made my latest handmade flower. You need to start with approximately 8 hearts. You can punch out the hearts, hand-draw the hearts, or stencil them. I traced mine using some chipboard hearts that I had in my stash. You will want 4 larger hearts and 4 smaller hearts. The size you want will depend on how big you want your flower to be. Your largest heart will be about 2/3 the size of your completed flower.


Once you have your hearts, use your fingers or a pencil to curve them a little bit, which will make them easier to manipulate later.


Poke holes in the bottom of your hearts and put them on a brad -- smallest hearts first. Arrange the hearts around the brad and you will end up with this kind of flat looking flower.


Mist your entire flower with water so that it is easy to manipulate and then pinch each petal to get this look:


I used my handmade flower on this layout of our trip to Hawaii last year. I used MME's sketch, theme, and their new Lost & Found 2 papers, pearls, and brads.


I also made this card based the MME's card sketch & theme and using their Lost & Found Union Square and Lush Red lines.


4 comments:

  1. Wow, beautiful flower~thanks for the tutorial! I'll have to try that sometime. Love your Hawaii layout too--was that a year already??

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really pretty! I love the lacing you did with the ribbon on your card!!

    ReplyDelete